When rust gets in the way of doing business with trusted customers, you need better rust prevention methods.
Today, the most effective methods involve an inhibitor that adheres to the metal in a molecular manner.Vapor corrosion inhibitors, in the form of VCI paper, for example, form a corrosion barrier that requires no cleanup upon receiving the metal parts.
Using VCI paper results in an all-around more effective rust prevention program while saving you and your customers money - and headaches - in the process.
Savings Associated With VCI Paper
- Reduces processing time and saves on costly labor associated with the application (no surface preparation) and removal (no cleaning or degreasing) of packaging method.
- Reduces need for raw materials, such as oils and desiccants, focusing methods and budget.
- Eliminates disposal costs associated with oils and other hazardous wastes.
The Rust-Killing Characteristics Of VCI Paper
The most effective rust prevention available in the form of VCI paper provides:
- Contact, barrier and vapor phase corrosion inhibition
- Grease and moisture resistance (in the form of wax or poly-coated papers)
- Protection that eliminates the need for secondary packaging materials
The use of VCI paper results in a kind of packaging flexibility that allows you to meet the metal parts needs of your customers without sacrificing the quality of rust prevention.
Selecting The Right VCI Paper For Your Needs
Whether you fabricate, supply, ship or use metal parts, you have unique, anti-corrosion needs. The type of VCI paper you choose depends on whether you plan to package ferrous, non-ferrous, specialty or multi-metals.
As noted above, poly-coated papers provide for protection against grease from metal parts, while laminated or reinforced VCI paper is perfect for heavy-duty protection, for example, on military-grade parts.
When you choose the VCI paper for your needs, consider the following questions:
- What kinds of metals are in need of protection?
- What is the effectiveness of my chosen paper in the presence of moisture and/or humidity?
- How does the overall packaging design impact conditions expected during shipping and storage?
The answers to these questions ultimately lead you to the right VCI paper or other VCI packaging method for your unique needs.
Test the effectiveness of VCI paper by requesting free samples from Green Packaging.