Frequently Asked Questions
Be the first to know! Alerts are a free auto-notification service that notifies you via email when certain things happen. (NOTE: This service requires a valid email ID and registration.) By subscribing to the Alerts and indicating the steel items you buy or sell, you will receive timely information on these items including offers and inquiries. Click here to subscribe to these Alerts.
No. World of Steel on the Web is free of charge for all users from all locations. We however recommend Registration which is also free. This enables you to receive WOS alerts.
1. Establish whether your product is flat steel (Hot Rolled, Cold Rolled, tinplate, tfs, Prepainted, Galvanised in sheets or coils) or long steel (Billets, bars, beams, wire rods).
2. Search the inquiry section accordingly. If there is an inquiry that matches your offer, post an offer to sell against it Click Send Quote on inquiry page)
3. Also post your offer by clicking the post offer icon. You will receive an auto acknowledgement of your postings. THEN, leave the rest to us. WOS team will work to ensure your offer reaches the widest targetted audience.
Ensure the offer you post is complete and the description is comprehensive. Better still, attach the packing list if available. It is said an “image is worth a thousand words”. So remember to send pictures of the materials if available.
Featured Page is our showcase for “made to order” (Prime) materials that we can supply from our partners. This includes finished steel products.
Registration to WOS is free! Click here to Sign up
To create an account with us please follow these steps
Please fill all the mandatory fields Viz: name , last name , company name ,country, address mobile number, email address, password.
The email should be a valid email. All future correspondence will be communicated with this.
Password instructions: Please remember that passwords are case sensitive; meaning “ABC123” is not the same as “abc123.” Please remember the case you select. Avail of the show Password facility that is provided In the registration form.
On entering the details you would be redirected to the next stage of the registration process. Here we would like to know more about you and your requirements.
Please ensure the details you enter are accurate as these details are also picked up in your online Purchase Orders. Accurate and detailed product information will help us ensure the email alerts we send you reflect your requirements. After entering the details and verifying the Captcha, click on confirm and your account is created with world of steel.
In case you are unable to remember your password , please Click on Sign In on top of the home page, then select the Forgot Password. You will be required to enter your email ID submitted at the time of Registration. A temporary password will be emailed to you within 5-10 minutes to the email mentioned at the time of registration. This password will be used for your initial login. Upon login with the temporary password, you will be directed to your dashboard where you can change your password as you like. Here you can enter your permanent password. Please ensure that the new password is different than the old password for the safety of your account.
For generating a new password , use a combination of alphabets numbers and special characters. Also ensure the password has atleast 8 characters in it. Please remember the case you select. Do bear in mind that passwords are case sensitive; meaning “ABC123” is not the same as “abc123.”
Please keep your login credentials handy for your next visit to the portal.
After trying all the above methods, should you feel the need for further assistance, please write to us at [email protected] with the subject “password assistance”
Or contact us at (91) 22 66317270 / 91 (22) 66317271
Our customer service executive will reach out to you at the earliest.
You can subscribe to the WOS newsletter when you register for your WOS Membership. There is checkbox for you to click on the registration page.
If you are already a member, Sign In
From your dashboard – Go to Newsletter and select “Subscribe”
On the Homepage in the Footer section you will find the
“Subscribe to our Newsletter” button. Click and complete the short form that is provided .
World of steel strives to provide all of its customers with the best of service and updated knowledge . Our newsletters is one such tool to serve you better. If at any time you wish to discontinue this service you can simply unsubscribe from our mailing list in the newsletter footer or by clicking the unsubscribe check box provided to you in the member dashboard.
IN case the customer wants to change any of the listed entries . they can do so easily by entering “modify my account” in the account status tab and update the new data.
– Login and check your profile to ensure the email Id is correctly entered. If need be you can update the email id. This action will clear any errors that may be associated with your account and will add you back to the active mailing list.
– If your email address is correct and re-entering it does not seem to help, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may be using filters to prevent unwanted emails from reaching your inbox. Sometimes, these filters also block messages you want to receive. In most cases, adding us to your list of trusted senders will solve this issue. In AOL, select “Add Address”; in Yahoo! Mail, Outlook or Outlook Express select “Add to Address Book”; or Hotmail or MSN, select “Save Address(es)”.
– If you use a “spam” filter, check your preferences to make sure you have not inadvertently flagged emails from the “@worldofsteel.com” domain as “spam.”
– If your problems receiving email persist, please contact your ISP’s technical support department and ask how to “whitelist” emails from worldofsteel.com. Or have your ISP call 91 (22) 56317270 /71 or email [email protected]